AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main objective of the B. A. programme are to contribute to the formation of an informed, educated and concerned citizenry by instilling in the students critical minds for appreciating and analyzing major political, economic and social developments/issues in History and Diplomacy.
The programme is designed to train students to analyze and conduct research on the past and present world order for the purpose of creating a better society. In this way, inter-disciplinary approach is adopted to the study of various historical and international issues. It is in this regard, that the programme has been tailored/structured to meet the requirements of those who may want to make a career in the public service, industry, Foreign Service and academics.
4 Year Degree Programme:
Five (05) ‘O’ Level Credits in not more than two (02) sittings are required. This is to include English Language and any one of the following subjects: History, Government, Economics or Geography and any other three (03) subjects in the Humanities.
U.M.E. Subjects: English Language, History or Government, Economics or Geography and any other subjects in the Humanities.
3 Year Degree Programme
- Direct Entry: Two ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects, particularly History, Government, Economics, Geography and English Literature are required. Others are:
- A credit pass at NCE in the Humanities.
- A pass at Credit level in Diploma in International Relations and Diploma in Tourism Studies of any recognized institution.
- A pass at Credit level in Diploma in Law, Diploma in Public Relations, Diploma in Mass Communication, Diploma in Industrial and Labour Relations, and any other relevant disciplines in the Humanities, all of Olabisi Onabanjo University
- However, the Department may consider for admission also a Pass in:
a) Diploma in International Relations and
b) Diploma in Tourism Studies; all of the Department of History and Diplomatic Studies, Olabisi Onabanjo University.